Book "The True American"

Documents and Resources for the national level assembly will be posted here and open for discussion.
scrimshaw rose
County: essex
Your State: Mass

Book "The True American"

Unread post by scrimshaw rose »

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id= ... &skin=2021

the link to a book called "The True American", Author Joseph Coe, 1840 Concord NH Publisher I.S. Boyd.
I also have another link and PDF but I'm not great at posting may need some help. Contains innaugural addresses of all presidents from 1789 to 1839 Declaration of Independance , Constitution, signers names, farewell addresses of Washington and Jackson, an address to young men of the country , and additional info. of particular interest to me is the 13th Amendment , which is called Art. XIII. As well as Art. XII section 3.

https://archive.org/details/trueamerica ... 4/mode/2up this is another link to the same book.
sstrykert
County: Riverside
Your State: California

Re: Book "The True American"

Unread post by sstrykert »

Excellent find, definitely something to let the assembly know about as it is a 13th amendment proof! :) Good job Scrimshaw!
scrimshaw rose

Thank you I have tried to post the pdf now but I am unable to do so , I have sent it in 2 emails to the content manager here, so hopefully it will be put on, could you private email me to my personal email the email I could send it to you so perhaps you could help me get it online here ty :)
scrimshaw rose

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id= ... &skin=2021

the book can be found on Hathitrust.org, library of congress gives the direct link to Hathai trust, it is also on Internet archive. you can get a pdf there. I am only able to download 1 page from hathitrust.org.
Shelley aka SMF Veritas
County: Cochise County
Your State: Arizona

Unread post by Shelley aka SMF Veritas »

Thank you for posting this and mentioning it on the call tonight! :D
Destry
Site Admin
County: Fairbanks
Your State: Alive

Unread post by Destry »

Yeah! Thanks for posting it!
“First, let no one rule your mind or body. Take special care that your thoughts remain unfettered... . Give men your ear, but not your heart. Show respect for those in power, but don't follow them blindly. Judge with logic and reason, but comment not. Consider none your superior whatever their rank or station in life. Treat all fairly, or they will seek revenge. Be careful with your money. Hold fast to your beliefs and others will listen.”
“Wise? No, I simply learned to think.”
sstrykert
County: Riverside
Your State: California

Unread post by sstrykert »

This ends the 13th amendment debate imo.

Next up, the 16th!

Return to “National Assembly Documents and Resources”