Definitions of “Person” in Alaska Statute

Legal documents can be uploaded, posted, and discussed in this section
Destry
Site Admin
County: Fairbanks
Your State: Alive

Definitions of “Person” in Alaska Statute

Unread post by Destry »

We located 50 unique definitions of “person” through a search of the Lexis database of Alaska Statutes. Three of
those definitions appear in two distinct sections of statute. The attached table provides the text of each of the
definitions we encountered and their respective statutory citations. Please note that although we believe our
research to be thorough, there may be additional definitions of "person" in Alaska statute that we failed to locate
due to variations in wording and construction.
DEFINITIONS OF %22PERSON%22 IN ALASKA STATUTE.pdf
(151.27 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
“First, let no one rule your mind or body. Take special care that your thoughts remain unfettered... . Give men your ear, but not your heart. Show respect for those in power, but don't follow them blindly. Judge with logic and reason, but comment not. Consider none your superior whatever their rank or station in life. Treat all fairly, or they will seek revenge. Be careful with your money. Hold fast to your beliefs and others will listen.”
“Wise? No, I simply learned to think.”
pulldapin
County: an earldom
Your State: living soul; man

Re: Definitions of “Person” in Alaska Statute

Unread post by pulldapin »

ok...now what is the definition for ...individual....how about natural person... and how is it that the word being defined has that same word in the definition...how does that work?
KarenPalmer
County: Muskegon
Your State: Michigan

Unread post by KarenPalmer »

I found this document when doing a search for "persons". It offers definitions in each state, so it is a pretty good reference.
Attachments
tue_haskins_handout2, person definitions.pdf
(226.87 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
pulldapin
County: an earldom
Your State: living soul; man

Unread post by pulldapin »

i notice a trend...now where in these so called "definitions" does one see man, woman or people...i believe that by remaining in the image (man)of The creator, God almighty, one is immune from liability in a fictional jurisdiction...it is when we agree to be these other titles, names, labels, etc. do we find ourselves in a tar pit so to speak...

great thread by the by

carl

Return to “Legal Documents”