Isaiah 49:8 on Covenant and why we use a Covenant

Unread post by Destry »

New American Standard Bible

Thus says the Lord,
“In a favorable time I have answered You,
And in a day of salvation I have helped You;
And I will keep You and give You for a covenant of the people,
To restore the land, to make them inherit the desolate heritages;
“First, let no one rule your mind or body. Take special care that your thoughts remain unfettered... . Give men your ear, but not your heart. Show respect for those in power, but don't follow them blindly. Judge with logic and reason, but comment not. Consider none your superior whatever their rank or station in life. Treat all fairly, or they will seek revenge. Be careful with your money. Hold fast to your beliefs and others will listen.”
“Wise? No, I simply learned to think.”
starrgirl
County: Maricopa County
Your State: Arizsona

Re: Isaiah 49:8 on Covenant and why we use a Covenant

Unread post by starrgirl »

This pertains to the assemblies covenants, correct? A contracy between man(living being) and God(sovereign). Which creates, We the People assembled to be the body politic with all political and electoral power?
This is where I'm getting confused.
Why are we creating a covenent for creating gov.? Which is a contract between man as the Sovereign, and a fiction. ? Isn't this why we have the 2 distinct names. Because they are not the same. Correct?
pulldapin
County: an earldom
Your State: living soul; man

Unread post by pulldapin »

i will attempt to add clarity...the covenant is man to man, in so far as we bond to one another for the common good...if i am not mistaken

carl
Destry
Site Admin
County: Fairbanks
Your State: Alive

Unread post by Destry »

Preamble

All powers possessed by man flow from the Almighty, to create or to destroy. In this, all men are equal, to exercise such powers individually, or through delegation to surrogates, to protect and enjoy life, freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It is for that purpose that men institute forms of political covenant, to express the bounds of surrogate power which may be employed, and to construct a framework to secure both non-particular and particular rights. This covenant is written for those purposes, and more, to instruct a people held in bondage how the mechanisms and devices which have enslaved them operate.

That is straight out of the Preamble of the Alaska Covenant. God gave us the covenant to use between men as stated in Isaiah 49:8
“First, let no one rule your mind or body. Take special care that your thoughts remain unfettered... . Give men your ear, but not your heart. Show respect for those in power, but don't follow them blindly. Judge with logic and reason, but comment not. Consider none your superior whatever their rank or station in life. Treat all fairly, or they will seek revenge. Be careful with your money. Hold fast to your beliefs and others will listen.”
“Wise? No, I simply learned to think.”

Return to “The word of God”