How many members to notice a county assembly?

County assembly documents will be posted here and open for discussion
Destry
Site Admin
County: Fairbanks
Your State: Alive

How many members to notice a county assembly?

Unread post by Destry »

When a county assembly has at least 13 members they can publish notice of county settlement in the legal section of their local paper.
After a rebuttal period of at least 21 days passes then the assembly can read the settlement into the de facto county commissioners meeting minutes.

Then watch them lawyers sink in their chairs! :lol:
“First, let no one rule your mind or body. Take special care that your thoughts remain unfettered... . Give men your ear, but not your heart. Show respect for those in power, but don't follow them blindly. Judge with logic and reason, but comment not. Consider none your superior whatever their rank or station in life. Treat all fairly, or they will seek revenge. Be careful with your money. Hold fast to your beliefs and others will listen.”
“Wise? No, I simply learned to think.”
Timothy of Penna
County: Jefferson
Your State: Pennsylvania

Re: How many members to notice a county assembly?

Unread post by Timothy of Penna »

Destry 13 sounds good, I'm not certain where that number comes from. My concern is that a petite Grand Jury is 14 members. Just wondering where 13 came from?
Destry
Site Admin

Unread post by Destry »

12 is a petite jury + one alternate = 13
“First, let no one rule your mind or body. Take special care that your thoughts remain unfettered... . Give men your ear, but not your heart. Show respect for those in power, but don't follow them blindly. Judge with logic and reason, but comment not. Consider none your superior whatever their rank or station in life. Treat all fairly, or they will seek revenge. Be careful with your money. Hold fast to your beliefs and others will listen.”
kinghubb
County: Los Angeles
Your State: California

Unread post by kinghubb »

is there anyone in los angeles doing this
Destry
Site Admin

Unread post by Destry »

kinghubb wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 pm is there anyone in los angeles doing this
You should post this in the California introductions section. ;)
Charlene_SoCalGal
County: Orange County
Your State: California

Unread post by Charlene_SoCalGal »

I just watched the 10 Steps to an Assembly, and I learned that officers cannot be part of the Grand Jury/Petite Jury. If a county needs 12 for a petite jury plus one alternate, then don't we need at least three more members, to account for the moderator, bailiff and scribe?
Yooper Gal
County: Baraga
Your State: Michigan

Unread post by Yooper Gal »

Anyone in the Upper Peninsula Michigan forming an assembly?
Yooper Gal
County: Baraga
Your State: Michigan

Looking for contacts from Illinois or Michigan

Unread post by Yooper Gal »

Need more interactions from other members. Feel free to add me to your contact list.
Destry
Site Admin

Unread post by Destry »

Charlene Rakhshani wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:44 pm I just watched the 10 Steps to an Assembly, and I learned that officers cannot be part of the Grand Jury/Petite Jury. If a county needs 12 for a petite jury plus one alternate, then don't we need at least three more members, to account for the moderator, bailiff and scribe?
That is correct. 13 are needed to give notice and during your interim period you can grow the county assembly member numbers. ;)
Robert Brannon
County: Lake County
Your State: Indiana

Unread post by Robert Brannon »

Destry wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:12 pm
Charlene Rakhshani wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:44 pm I just watched the 10 Steps to an Assembly, and I learned that officers cannot be part of the Grand Jury/Petite Jury. If a county needs 12 for a petite jury plus one alternate, then don't we need at least three more members, to account for the moderator, bailiff and scribe?
That is correct. 13 are needed to give notice and during your interim period you can grow the county assembly member numbers. ;)
Great info. Thanks, all.
8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
-Isaiah 6

Return to “County Assembly Documents & Support”