Warnings from the Bible

Post anything pertaining to the word of God here
God Is Govt
County: Marion County
Your State: Iowa

Warnings from the Bible

Unread post by God Is Govt »

My main go to translation is the 1560 Geneva, because the KJV wasn't any influence on the 1560 translation (as far as I have read). I also refer to my (c)1986,1992 NIV/Zondervan translation because Proverbs 20:27 in my NIV closely resembles that in the 1560 Geneva.

Revelation 22:18-19 NIV
"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophesy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, -which are described in this book."
This simply means do not add to it and do not leave any of it out, as much as possible in your level of faith. The more of it that you have, the more complete your faith is. I think that this applies not only to the book of Revelation but to the entire Bible. The Bible in it's entirety is prophecy.
Prophecy is 2 parts - the foretelling of future events, and the teachings written throughout the pages, collectively.

I've paused to think about the different wordings of Proverbs 20:27. We have to think about each version of many verses. Which version would come from God and which would come from man? Here's how Proverbs 20:27 has been rewritten in the NIV:
"The human spirit is the lamp of the Lord that sheds light on one's inmost being."
Here's how it is written in my printed NIV:
"The lamp of the Lord searches the spirit of a man; it searches out his inmost being."
Remember the verse and Amy Grant's song, "Thy Word"? (Psalm 119:105) Remembering what others verses say as well, like Hebrews 4:12, John 17:17, 2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20-21.

Return to “The word of God”