cursive writing

A source of good videos related to freedom and the American way of life.
Destry
Site Admin
County: Fairbanks
Your State: Alive

cursive writing

Unread post by Destry »

“First, let no one rule your mind or body. Take special care that your thoughts remain unfettered... . Give men your ear, but not your heart. Show respect for those in power, but don't follow them blindly. Judge with logic and reason, but comment not. Consider none your superior whatever their rank or station in life. Treat all fairly, or they will seek revenge. Be careful with your money. Hold fast to your beliefs and others will listen.”
“Wise? No, I simply learned to think.”
Shelley Veritas
County: Cochise
Your State: Arizona

Re: cursive writing

Unread post by Shelley Veritas »

Yes sir! That was the first thing I thought when I found out the school wasn't teaching cursive.

The semi-private school my son was in taught cursive, but he never practiced it so I'm gonna have to get on him about that! lol They also taught Latin, which I think is crucial as well. Unfortunately, my son now goes to the public high school. Hopefully, the one that he was in prior will get on it to build a high school facility soon and I'll put in him back in. The other option of course is home school if this one decides to get froggy on some questionable stuff, i.e. pushing to have the Vid jab to attend!
Linda
County: Oakland
Your State: Michigan

Re: cursive writing

Unread post by Linda »

This link takes you to a study on the importance of cursive handwriting and brain activity
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2020.01810/full
Here is their pdf
fpsyg-11-01810.pdf
(6.01 MiB) Downloaded 68 times

Go this link and read the abstract about longhand advantages! Very interesting, cursive writing actually engages the brain more.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0956797614524581
The Pen Is Mightier Than the Keyboard: Advantages of Longhand Over Laptop Note Taking

We really are '...fearfully and wonderfully made...'

Return to “Video Library”